Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ads that make me nod and smile

The Obvious Made Interesting has been a sleep for a while. The obvious reason for this is that it’s time-consuming to find communication interesting enough to share. Lately though, I’ve come across a lot of inspiring stuff – some new, some old. What ties it all together is the “nod-and-smile” reaction I get when I see it.

In the posts to come I’ll try to find examples of communication that pass both the “nod-and-smile” and “the-obvious-made-interesting” tests. The work I’ll try to find will hopefully be examples of this approach to making advertising:

“Planning should simplify a complicated problem down to a single, powerful thought - creative should exaggerate that simple thought into an impactful message that dominates its environment.”

No comments:

Post a Comment